Wednesday, May 13, 2009

JUST AN UPDATE

Everything is good at the Lacy house. Crazy busy, but loving life. The academy is going well. This week has been fun. We are getting into more application of laws. It is a lot easier to sit through classes with more interaction and less lecture. We have moved into basic Spanish this week, which is interesting. I do recall a little of Spanish from high school, but not much! We have also been doing some report writing. I love that part. It is interesting some of the pictures they have been giving us to write our reports about. Some of them are kind of gruesome, but it all goes with the territory. PT is of course an ever present part of our week at the academy. They are deffinitely millitary based. Our PT instructor was in the Marine Corp and it shows. That man LOVES to run. Yesterday we did sprints up the boat ramp after a three quarter mile run. Boy did I feel that today! He had us going front facing, side ways, and backwards.....lots of fun.
Michael is doing well. We had a fun weekend together for Mother's Day. Saturday Granny had the kiddo's and I took off of work for some R&R. I had a lazy morning and then met Michael at 2 when he got off of work. We went and had our eyes checked and then did some shopping for my Mother's Day present. I got a new outfit and a bathing suit. Then off to Hasting's and rented a movie. It was so nice to have an evening with my hubby!!
Sunday I went in to Robert Lee to get the boys and spend some time with my Granny. We had a great morning lazing around outside. Keaton and Trevor made me the sweetest card (with a little help from Granny). Keaton also melted my heart when I arrived. He looked up at me and said, "Mommy, you so petty!" It melted me to the core!! After our fun morning at Granny's we headed off to Michael's parent's house for some brisket and potato salad! It was DELICIOUS!! We spent the evening there and let the boys swim and play. All in all, it was a wonderful day.
The only gripes I have at the moment is POTTY TRAINING!! I don't know why, but Keaton still refuses to go to the potty. It is even more frustrating that while swimming he will stop, get out of the pool, and go potty(#1 and #2) with no prompting what-so-ever. However, when it comes to going inside he refuses. Even with encouragement and prompting, he just looks at me and says(very politely), "No thanks." Then if I force him to go anyway, the battle is on. I'm stuck and don't know what action to take. If there are any recommendations, PLEASE send them my way!!
That is all for now, sorry I have been an absentee friend.....Hope all is well with everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment