Wednesday, April 29, 2009

SO SO SORE!!

Okay, so, I'm really not good at keeping up with my blog consistantly, but I'm finally going to post all of the news from the Lacy Family!

It has been a crazy few weeks! I guess I should start with Trevor.....Yes, he is still alive! All of his lab work came back fine. Dr. Sawyer said it might have just been teeth and suggested motrin/tylenol every four hours. So, we did that regime for a few days and had good results. After about 3 days, all symptoms of anything being wrong went away and he is now back to his fun loving self! Yay!!

As for me, I'm officially in "Rookie School!" I started the police academy on the 20th. So far so good. It is hard, but so so interesting. The most challenging for me so far is the PT. I feel like my muscles are screaming right now. We did our physical assessment on Monday and I have hardly been able to walk since! We did push-ups, sit-ups, 300meter run, 1 1/2 mile run, vertical jump and sit and reach. I am for sure not in shape, but didn't fare to badly in the running. I have to shave just under a minute off of my 1 1/2 mile, and met the qualifications in the 300meter run. But, the way I look at it, I have 15 weeks to take that minute off which really shouldn't be hard!! I'm really not so worried about the running, it's more the push-ups and sit-ups! (It is really amazing how two kids can make abdominal muscles non existant) The classes are the fun part for me though. They cram as much information as they can, but it is fun course material. We have 2 or more tests a week....and it is required that we maintain an 80% average or we get put on academic probation. So far so good in that area. The instructor's have really done a great job of presenting the material in ways that make it fun and interesting. Today we had the district attorney come and speak on burden of proof. Very fun stuff....

Anyway, that is really all on that subject....

The kiddo's have been at Granny's house a few days a week. Keaton has dubbed it "Camp Granny" and couldn't be more happy to be there! They have a blast. Keaton has loved painting with some art supplies that Granny got him and Trevor spends ALL of his time out side playing in the little swimming pool she has out there for them. They both also love tormenting the poor dogs that my Granny has!! When they are with Granny, I talk to them frequently and Keaton is always way to busy for Mommy, but my Trevor man always says hi, but then promptly says "play, Mommy, I love you. Bye Mommy!" The toughest part of the academy is missing my time with my little guys!!
That is all of the news from here....I hope all is well out there in the blogger world!!

1 comment:

  1. I am so very happy for you! I do, however, miss you my dear friend!! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete