Thursday, April 2, 2009

Lab Work....Uggghhhh!

So, I did take Trevor in to the Dr.'s office today, which turned into an all morning event! He does not have an ear infection, but Dr. Sawyer saw the way he was acting and also thought something MUST be wrong. He just really isn't himself! I have never had him act this way and I really do not think it is behavioral and from Dr. Sawyer's reaction he obviously didn't either. He sent us over to the Lab for all kinds of work......yuck! However if there is something really wrong I would rather know now than later.
They took a urine sample, a stomach x-ray and drew blood. Needless to say I think my child will be terrified of any person in scrubs for the rest of his life! I'll have to admit I'm not their biggest fan today either. I know they are just doing their job and they did it very efficiently so I really have nothing to complain about except it is so hard to hold my baby down while they are poking and prodding and imaging! Here Trevor thinks I am supposed to be his protector and I'm aiding and abetting(Sp) these "mean" people.....
Keaton was an absolute doll through it all though. The whole time they were taking Trevor's blood and Trevor was screaming, Keaton was sitting beside us saying over and over, "It's okay Trevor, You're okay!" He had the most concerned expression on his little face and was trying to be such a comfort to Trevor! I love that he has that heart!
We were supposed to have a baby-sitter tonight, as Michael's and my schedules overlapped, but I ended up taking off of work to be at home with Trevor boy. I just couldn't leave him with a baby-sitter tonight. I felt I needed to be here to assure him his little world is safe.
The Dr.'s office did call to let me know that his stomach x-ray and urine sample both came up clear of anything wrong. So, now it's waiting for the blood work to come back.
Now, I feel like a chump because it's looking like nothing is wrong and I wasted time and money.....I hate that feeling! However, I keep telling myself it's better to be safe rather than sorry!
Well, I hope to report good news on his blood work tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. Police Academy?!?!!? Whoa girl! Are you gonna be a copper??? ;) If so, that is a BIG change!!

    Sorry about all the testing :( I know it's hard on everyone. But you will at least have some answers one way or another and sometimes it's worth spending time and money to "know!!" Hope everything is okay..

    I read your post about fighting....SISTER!! Mine do the exact same thing!! Some days I feel like they are in time out ALL day long!! I wish I had some super-mom advice for ya....but I am in the same boat :) Maybe...just maybe.....fighting is their ultimate way of "loving"?!?!!?!? Probably not, but it sure would make more sense!!

    Love ya girl...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! I am so glad you went with your Mommy instinct and had Trevor checked out. Even if nothing turns out right now, you need to trust your instinct about your kiddoes. And I KNOW Trevor KNOWS you love and will protect him. I found out one time, months after the fact thru other blood work we had to do, that Sarah had had mono. hmmmm.....

    Keep us updated on the Academy and kids....LOve you lots!

    ReplyDelete