Saturday, March 7, 2009

What a CRAZY week.....

My sick boys, snuggled up for movie time!!


Well, I think that the boys are on the mend. They are of course still a little cranky, but deffinately feeling a little better. Their fever's still come and go, but it is certainly not in the 103/104 range any more, however Keaton did have to go to the Dr. in the end. Yesterday he woke up from a nap crying and saying "ouch, it hurts." It took us a little bit, but we finally got out of him that his ear was hurting him....poor little guy!! I am so thankful that he is at an age now that he can communicate when something like that is going on, so we called the Dr. and got an appointment and then Michael called in to work so that he could stay at home with the boys instead of my Granny coming in to watch them. When the Dr. checked Keaton over he said "This boy knows what he's talking about!" So we got a prescription for antibiotics and were on our way. He did also check Trevor's ears while we were there and they were clear. Through it all God's provision and protection has been so evident! He allowed us to have the comfort of knowing that Granny was there with the boys while we could not be and then with our schedules for Keaton's Dr's appointment and Michael being able to stay at home with them. As it was, I went in to work abouut 1 1/2 hours late because of Keaton's Dr's appointment. When I called my boss to request the time so that I could be at the appointment and Michael wouldn't have to be by himself with both of the kiddo's he didn't even hesitate and just said, "Do what you have to do for your family, it's not a problem." I also took today off so that I can be at home and Michael can go to work. I do not always love the fact that I am working, but if I need to work for the time being, I am so thankful I have a job with such an understanding boss! I have yet to have any problems taking off because I didn't have somebody to watch the boys or they are sick.....it really is a blessing!! I also have to brag on my hubby....he has been absoulutely AMAZING this week. So attentive to both the boys' needs and mine.

One more thing on a side note.....I can not stand electronics!! Michael recently ordered a new monitor for the computer and it came in this week, so last night he finally had a few minutes after the boys went to bed to unpackage it and get it out. When he did, it was broken! So now that he has read the policy for returns/exchanges for the web site he ordered it from we find out he can only exchange the product and that we have to pay the shipping and handling on top of a 15% re-stocking fee(whatever that is)!! Lots of fun!!!


1 comment:

  1. So glad the boys are feeling better. Yeah Michael for being such a great Daddy! Miss you and love you-- hope this week goes smoother!

    ReplyDelete