Thursday, March 26, 2009

Fun Fun Day

Today was such a great day! Granny came yesterday and picked up the Trevor man for a few days, so today was a special day with Keaton. I try to do things with him that we usually wouldn't do if Trevor were her. So, we got up this morning and had a lazy morning eating fruit and hanging out, then it was off to the Library. Keaton absolutely LOVES to go to the library and look at books. He could spend hours there looking through the books. We don't go too often when I have both of the boys because all Trevor wants to do at this point is pull books off of shelves. It makes it so hard to give Keaton the time and attention with the books if I'm picking up after Trevor! So, we got in the van and headed to the library and all Keaton could talk about was a book about dinosaurs. We have SO many books about dinosaurs at home already, so I was trying to talk him into a book about something else.......I don't know why I even bothered because we had barely turned the corner into the children's books that he found about 3 books he REALLY wanted and there wasn't one dinosaur book among them! So we got those books to take home but looked at a lot more while we were there. I think he's got a list going of books to bring home the next time!!
Then we went home and made "pigs in a blanket" together. He had a blast rolling up the hot dogs in the dough. After every one he asked "can I do it?" It was so much fun. Then we got to put them into the oven and he watched them "get fat" as they cooked. After they were cooked and ready he ate so good. I guess he was proud to get to reap the rewards of his hard labor.....ha/ha. All in all we had a great day just enjoying some special time together.
Michael is planning to take him to the park with a pic-nic for dinner tonight while I'm at work and they are going to find bugs to examine in the bug box. I found the cutest little bug container with a magnifying lid so he can get a closer look! He was so excited to go scouting and get "butterflies and bugs."
I love getting to spend one on one time with my little guys!

1 comment: